Michigan Wolverine

Michigan Player Nearly Died Because Of fire After Falling Asleep With Cigarette

A Michigan deputy sheriff smashed down a door to save a 74-year-old man who, according to investigators, was engulfed in flames after he seemingly fell asleep with a cigarette in hand.

The terrifying video footage was shot using a body-worn camera.

The fire started inside the Leanna Drive home in Macomb Township sometime before 1:24 a.m. on Wednesday, according to the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office.

When Zachary Deng, a deputy sheriff, arrived on the site first following the fire report, he saw the flames immediately through the glass front door of the house, according to officials.

According to the police-released video, Deng discovered a roaring fire next to a walker and a house full of smoke when he ran up to it and kicked open the door.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
 
Verified by MonsterInsights