The Argentine was thought to have been in Postecoglou’s plans.
Giovani Lo Celso, a midfielder for Tottenham Hotspur, has seen his future change after rumours that the Argentine appeared to be staying at the club.
Who will depart Tottenham this year?
Ange Postecoglou, the new manager, has had a fantastic start to his job as head coach, securing excellent victories over teams like Man United, Bournemouth, and most recently, Burnley.
Tottenham is currently second in the Premier League standings going into the international break after thrashing Burnley 5-2 at Turf Moor, thanks to a hat-trick from Son Heung-min, James Maddison’s outstanding goal, and defender Cristian Romero’s incredible side-footed curler.
It looks that Postecoglou is succeeding in reshaping this Spurs team in his own image, and fans have seen a clear demonstration of his fresh-faced, fluid, and attack-minded brand of play.
However, other team members didn’t meet that description, possibly with the exception of former star striker Harry Kane, who inked a lucrative deal to join Bayern Munich during the summer transfer window.
Sergio Reguilon, Joe Rodon, Djed Spence, Harry Winks, Alfie Devine, Troy Parrott, and Dane Scarlett, all of whom secured moves away during the transfer window, were either loaned out or sold by the north Londoners.
According to recent reports, both midfielder Tanguy Ndombele and defender Davinson Sanchez could potentially move after the transfer deadline of September 1 because Turkey’s transfer window is still open until September 15 and Super Lig teams have expressed interest.
Lo Celso is one player who was actually supported to stay at Spurs since Postecoglou is reportedly a fan, but the story has a twist, according to the English press.
After Brennan Johnson was acquired from Nottingham Forest, the Argentine, who began his first Spurs encounter of the season in a Carabao Cup second round match at Fulham last week, may now depart in January.
According to CaughtOffside, who wrote the following:
“It is still anticipated that Lo Celso will find it difficult to get regular playing time, particularly in light of the acquisition of Brenan Johnson from Nottingham Forest.
Even though a probable return to Betis during the winter transfer window is now all but unthinkable, Lo Celso will undoubtedly leave in January. The Spanish club made the decision to finalize a deal with Barca for Abde when they realized Tottenham would not be receptive to a loan with only a buy option.
The midfielder “would be keen” on returning to La Liga, it is stated, and other Spanish teams aside from Real Betis are interested in acquiring him.
What’s been said about Giovani Lo Celso?
While on loan at Villarreal for the 2021–2022 and 2022–2023 seasons, Lo Celso hasn’t had many opportunity to play for Spurs over the past two campaigns, but former colleague Geronimo Rulli has described him as a “top player in the world” despite this.
During Lo Celso’s 2022 Villarreal loan, Rulli told Super Deporte, “He gives us a plus as a team.”
“He aids in our development, and I learn nothing by claiming that he is a top player in the world. I hope he does well since I am quite familiar with him as a player and a person.